2009/09/19

BEST IN SHOW: New York

Before ever looking at his clothes, I was seeing photos and reading the name of Michael Bastian. A lot. "What an elegant, laid back guy he looks like" I thought. With further investigation, it wasn't long before I associated Michael Bastian's name with ultra-luxury, but still, I hadn't really seen his clothes. Cue New York fashion week. 

What really impresses me about this collection is how varied it is. To show ragged cut-off shorts alongside hyper-tailored 3 piece pinstripes could be disastrous, however, with an overall dose of classic masculinity like this, each look could be rubbing shoulders, inseams, or cuffs in one man's (the ultimate man's) closet. This is what I like to see from American menswear designers.  





*images from men.style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment