2009/06/25

You Make Loving Fun

Just the other night, I found myself sitting, smiling, getting sore legs, then, finally, with enough coaxing, I was standing, clapping, nodding and swaying. My companions? Thousands of baby-boomers, including my Mom and my Uncle. If this all seems familiar, perhaps you were there too; watching Fleetwood Mac live at the Saddledome I mean. 

Instead of going into great detail and analyzing every bit of the 150ish minute performance of a lifetime, I'd prefer to share with you an important lesson, which goes as follows: "music is THE secret to everlasting youth". I say this, because not only was the energy projected by Stevie and company as electric as lightning striking the clock tower, their worshipping followers, most of whom are classroom trained in nuclear strike survival (think Cuban missile crisis), were out-screaming and out-moving me all night long. In some ways, i felt like the dad chaperoning a group of excitable teenagers. You party well, baby-boomers! Stupidly, I'd forgotten you had it in you. 




1 comment: