2009/06/18

Visual Love



Shane Michael Haltman is a Canadian born contemporary self taught artist who currently has two pieces (Geologica, ($800) and Panda ($450) up for display at A Store Called Worth.

Born in 1975, Shane fuels his creative fire from the dynamic world in which we all live. His work is somewhat of a paintamentary, a documentary that mainly utilizes paint as it’s medium.

Shane’s work has been shown in Vancouver, New York and Calgary and Europe this summer.

"My paintings are directly correlated to my journey through life. Led by an unbridled curiosity, I do have a lofty range of subject matter and style. In order to manage this, experience has taught me that each subject requires it’s own set of rules. When I want to articulate an experience, I go to abstraction. Abstraction to me is the purest form of thought, and when properly channeled speaks a certain truth that I am unable to achieve with realism."

"Slowly I have evolved to combine abstraction and realism. This has allowed me to weave together reality, as we sense it in the world, and thought, which we cannot see. The interaction of the two creates a powerful dialogue between the painting and the viewer. The subject matter for my paintementary has led to a series on one of the worlds most interesting people, Barrack Obama. As time passes the dialogue amongst the public has varied concerning Obama's role as president. I plan to continue to capture this fluctuation in polls, with the hope of portraying the weight that comes with being the president, as well as putting the viewer in Obama's shoes, which is a very tall order indeed."

Links

No comments:

Post a Comment